Sunday, December 5, 2010

James Balog Lecture Statement

In my opinion James Balog is one of the best visiting artist that Dova has had in years. I have looked at his photographs since I was in high school. It was partly his photography of Antarctic ice that influence me to choose art and a career path. His presentation was very interesting, however I wish he would have brought some of his photography.

I think he gave valuable insight into how to succeed as an artist in the world. The impression that I got from hearing him speak is that he was an environmentalist first and an artist second. It seemed to me that he viewed art and his photography as a tool he could use in the fight to save the environment. He is a problem solver. Ill bet that in another reality he would make a great graphic designer. He would use every element at his disposal such as business, sponsors, technology, public support, photography, etc. , in order to design a project to accomplish the solution he wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment